Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Story of Gracie's Birthday Cake

I ordered the cutest cake for Gracie's Birthday Party from a bakery in Iowa Park. Bebe and Grandad were so nice to pick it up and bring it to Dallas for us! Well, it will be the cake experience I always remember. First of all Bebe and Thomas got stuck in traffic and by the time they got here it had slid out of the box. It wasn't a big deal. Thomas and Tyler went took it right away to a few bakeries around here. They were all closed....so they ended up at Kroger. The stock lady did a great job mending the cake as well as she could. Everything was great again until the next morning. Tyler took Gracie for an IHOP breakfast and let me sleep in a little. When I got up I was so excited for the events of the day when all of the sudden I looked at the kitchen floor and there was icing everywhere. Bella our Labradoodle had licked the icing off again. I started balling crying and called Tyler to come home. He took the cake to Steins Bakery and they fixed it. Needless to say we cut off the part Bella licked on before serving the cake. It will be the cake I remember forever! As Gram would say it is a chapter for the book!
Version 2

Version 3

No comments:

Post a Comment